Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Have FUN being a Creep!

I am giving you permission to be a CREEPER….. Why? It’s all about finding your own style and transforming that to fit YOU. I have heard so many times in marketing classes to be your own brand. What does this mean? You are representing yourself in any form of communication whether it is through a social media outlet, or face-to-face conversation. This took me so long to understand because I was putting anything and everything online. This included photos from the previous night out or words that didn’t need to be heard by small children.  But how does this reflect your own style. Well answer this question for me… Would you go to your very first interview out of college in sweat pants, or that party dress that if you sit just right you can see (well just complete that yourself). NOOO you wouldn’t. So when you are going to class everyday or shopping or to a nice restaurant have some Class. Plan an additional 15 minutes into your routine and fix one thing about yourself. (Hair, pants, shoes etc.) Believe me it makes a world of difference. So let’s journey back to being a creeper. Tonight and for the remainder of the week I have some homework (FUNWORK) for you to do. Go online to your favorite social media outlet ( Facebook, Twitter,etc) and look at profile pictures. You’re good a judging! So if they aren’t appropriate pictures, sites, videos then step back and look at your own site. Let me know what you find. Email me photos or stories. J Until next time. TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Well Tyler after reading your post it inspired me to go look into the way some people dress and go into public wearing and its just amazing how brave they are. I started with Facebook but then quickly moved on to a better place to find the unique outfits in public which leads me to "peopleofwalmart.com" which I spent WAY to much time clicking through the pages and pages of pictures.... So your blog sent me in a way I don't think intended but it was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...personal branding matters! For the life of me I can't figure out why online communication is often disregarded as an extension of people's personal brands. We get it for large corporations, but we forget about it when it comes to ourselves. Very curious! I like your funwork assignment!

    JDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler you hit on something that I have wondered about ever since the days of Myspace.

    This post led me to an acquaintance from high school that had wildly inappropriate party pictures as their next to newest post. What was the newest post?... It was a post about their job interview the next day for their very first "big person" job after graduation.

    Why people put the very intoxicated and very nearly naked pictures of themselves online is a mystery to me. Maybe years ago they figured no one would see it that would think it was anything but "cool". However it clearly has not gotten any better today because people put as many of these inappropriate things online now as they ever did. It is interesting that so many people seem to think that if they act the way they want to be perceived in their dealings face to face that what is online can be entirely different and it won't negatively affect their image.

    ReplyDelete